Re: Network Operator Groups Outside the US

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Wed Jan 16 08:14:44 2008

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Simon Lockhart wrote:

On Wed Jan 16, 2008 at 12:09:48PM -0000, Rod Beck wrote:
6. I am not aware of any Dutch per se ISP conferences although that market is
certainly quite vibrant. I am also disappointed to see the Canadians and
Irish have next to nothing despite Ireland being the European base of
operations for Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Yahoo. And Canada has over 30
million people. Where is the National Pride?

Inex, the Dublin internet exchange runs member meetings a few times a year. (But, like LINX, DE-CIX & AMS-IX member meetings, they're designed for members, not for the general community).

NANOG occasionally holds meetings in Canada.

8. Both DEC-IX and AMS-IX have member meetings each year. Not clear how
difficult to get invited if you are not a member.

There's also the EPF (European Peering Forum) co-run by LINX, DE-CIX and AMS-IX once a year.

IL-ops for Israeli operators

Simon