ticket research

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Thu Sep 20 11:59:13 2007

a respected researcher (with a grad student) i trust wants to

> obtain trouble ticket logs from different networks to understand the
> nature of failures in ISP networks. we hope that this analysis will
> help us develop troubleshooting techniques.

they have some data already from abiline and a large euro telco. further,

> we can sign NDAs if needed and we'll anonymize the data before
> publishing.

they realize that such data are extremely sensitive.  and also know that
they are buried in kinky databases etc.  but one has to try.

( and let's try not to rat-hole on nanog about why this is good, insane,
will cause starvation in iowa, might end global warming, ... :)

if you think you might be willing to help, drop me a note and i will
introduce you.  thanks.

randy