Re: ticket research

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Thu Sep 20 12:59:02 2007

Dear Randy;

On Sep 20, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

a respected researcher (with a grad student) i trust wants to

obtain trouble ticket logs from different networks to understand the
nature of failures in ISP networks. we hope that this analysis will
help us develop troubleshooting techniques.

they have some data already from abiline and a large euro telco. further,

we can sign NDAs if needed and we'll anonymize the data before
publishing.

they realize that such data are extremely sensitive. and also know that
they are buried in kinky databases etc. but one has to try.

Do they want tickets from ISP's or from users ? (Or, more precisely, from people experiencing
problems, or those fixing them ?)

Regards
Marshall

( and let's try not to rat-hole on nanog about why this is good, insane,
will cause starvation in iowa, might end global warming, ... :)

if you think you might be willing to help, drop me a note and i will
introduce you.  thanks.

randy