Re: How should ISPs notify customers about Bots (Was Re: DNS Hijacking

  • From: Chris L. Morrow
  • Date: Tue Jul 24 18:19:11 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Joe Greco wrote:

> > > Intercept and inspect IRC packets.  If they join a botnet channel, turn on
> > > a flag in the user's account.  Place them in a garden (no IRC, no nothing,
> > > except McAfee or your favorite AV/patch set).
> >
> > Pleaes do this at 1Gbps, really 2Gbps today and 20gbps shortly, in a cost
> > effective manner.
>
> Mmmmm... okay.  Would you like solution #1 or solution #2?  (You can pay
> for solutions above and beyond that)

I tried to be nice and non-sarcastic. I outlined requirements from a real
network security professional on a large transit IP network. You
completely glossed over most of it and assumed a host of things that
weren't in the requirements. I'm sorry that i didn't get my point across
to you, please have a nice day.

-Chris