Re: Possibly OT, definately humor. rDNS is to policy set by federal law.

  • From: Rich Kulawiec
  • Date: Fri Mar 16 14:27:45 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 07:41:58PM -0700, S. Ryan wrote:
> However, while it's not really above me to do the same, he could
> have removed the email address so spammers aren't adding to that guys
> list of problems.

Anti-spam strategies based on concealment and/or obfuscation of addresses
are no longer viable.  (For a variety of reasons, including harvesting
from public sources, harvesting from private sources such as compromised
systems, and the deployment of abusive, spam-supporting tactics such as
callbacks/sender address verification.)

Yes, I know there are counter-examples, I have my own collection of them.
But they're exceptions, not the rule.

---Rsk