Re: Every incident is an opportunity (was Re: Hackers hit key Internet traffic computers)

  • From: Gregory Hicks
  • Date: Mon Feb 12 13:48:57 2007

> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:38:10 -0500
> From: "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <[email protected]>
>
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:51:38 -0600
> Dave Pooser <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Marshall beat me to it. I have a T-shirt that says "Mac: So
> > simple my parents can use it." It's funny because it's true.
>
> Why do I keep hearing "My parents are stupid" in these sorts of
> comments?  Just wait.  They get smarter as you get older.

My father was NOT stupid.  He could use several of the more popular
"word processors" (Wang being the last one he had used) but he could
NOT, for the life of him, get used to using MS Word.  Or anything else
associated with Windoze.  The command sequences just "didn't make sense
to him ("Why do I have to go push "start" when I want to shut the
system down?")

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin