Re: Colocation in the US.

  • From: Warren Kumari
  • Date: Thu Jan 25 16:27:57 2007

The main issue with Flourinert is price -- I wanted some to cool a 20W IR laser -- I didn't spend that much time looking before I just decided to switch to distilled water, but I was finding prices like > $300 for a 1 liter bottle (http://www.parallax-tech.com/ fluorine.htm). I did find some cheaper "recycled" Fluorinert, but it wasn't *that* much cheaper.

I don't remember who made them, but the same laser had these really neat plumbing connections -- very similar to the air hose connectors on air compressors -- there is a nipple that snaps into a female connector. The nipple pushes in a pin when it snaps in and allows the liquid to start flowing. When you disconnect the connector the liquid flow shuts off and you get maybe half a teaspoon of leakage.

P.S: Sorry if I tripped anyones HR policies for NSFW content :-)