Re: Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Wed Dec 13 17:08:55 2006

[email protected] wrote:
One wonders whether it might not be more effective in the
long run to sue ICANN/IANA rather than suing completewhois.com.

Of course, it could be that I used the wrong term. IANAL after all. Perhaps the right term was injunction? Does that qualify as a lawsuit? Unfortunately, people seem to think the legal system is strictly about money. Perhaps it is. However, in the process of people getting money, I've noticed people have solved their initial problem temporarily.

besides, it didn't look like it really took all that much to solve the completewhois.com problem. Surely people don't pay their lawyers without first yelling, screaming, and calling everyone and their dog (or posting to NANOG) in the attempt to get what they want first. :)

Jack