RE: IP adresss management verification

  • From: David Hubbard
  • Date: Mon Nov 13 11:44:05 2006

From: [email protected]

> SSL is a technical justification for separate IP
> addresses for web hosts. Virtual servers is another
> technical justification for assigning multiple IP
> addresses to a single physical server.

What I meant was we require a technical justification to
give a dedicated IP to a customer but many hosts do not,
or they use it as a revenue add by charging for having
a dedicated IP when there's no technical reason for it.
Previously, or maybe still, there was no mandate that web
hosts only assign dedicated IP's when it can be justified.

David