Reclassification of NON-PORTABLE address space?

  • From: Roldan, Brad
  • Date: Fri Oct 27 19:55:24 2006

Title: Reclassification of NON-PORTABLE address space?

   Anyone know if there is a precedent for reclassifying blocks of non-portable address space to portable? I didn't see anything in ARIN archives (maybe I didn't look hard enough). Bribery? Threats? Acquisition of the assignor by the assignee?

   If such a reclassification were simple, I expect that the process would be heavily abused by smaller networks that would like to avoid renumbering.

Brad
--
Covad Communications
2510 Zanker Road