North American Network Operators Group

Date Prev | Date Next | Date Index | Thread Index | Author Index | Historical

re: passports for NANOG-39, Toronto

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Thu Oct 26 09:27:26 2006


> December 31, 2007 - Passport required for all land border crossings, as
> well as air and sea travel. 

If someone wants to go but does not have a passport for
whatever reason, i.e. last minute travel plans, then it
is possible to fly to Buffalo NY and make a land crossing
from there, i.e. bus or rental car. If you do want to take
a rental car across the border, you have to notify your
rental company so they can issue a non-resident insurance
card for you. As long as you have a US driver's licence this
is fairly routine. Cross the bridge to Canada and take 
the QEW all the way to Toronto.

You could do the same fly-drive via Detroit but there is
a lot more driving.

--Michael Dillon

P.S. Now that you have your shiny new passports, don't 
just stop at Canada. There's a whole world out there.