Re: [Fwd: Important ICANN Notice Regarding Your Domain Name(s)]

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Wed Oct 04 19:06:24 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Chris Stone wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 14:27 -0700, Thomas Leavitt wrote:
> > Is this a GoDaddy specific thing? I've owned and/or managed an untold
> > number domain names since 1995 and never seen a notification of this
> > sort before (primary registrar to this date was Gandi.net, and before
> > that Network Solutions back in the bad old days).
>
> While, of course, the message is worded a bit different, we get the same
> thing for our domains registered under OpenSRS also every year.

ICANN *does* have a requirement for accurate information in WHOIS and
while I don't know how strongly the requirement is enforced, they *can*
pull your domain registration if you don't have accurate information.

That's the reason for those notifications.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.