Re: Spain was offline

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 13:54:41 2006

At 12:37 PM 9/1/2006, Joe Abley wrote:

On 1-Sep-2006, at 02:11, Martin Hannigan wrote:

>You seem to be suggesting that ISPs run stealth slaves for these
>kinds of zones. This may have been a useful pointer for ISPs in days
>gone by, but I think today it's impractical advice.

How so? Anyone can get a zone and turn up [a-m] on-net
and outperform (response and uptime) many of the existing
instances of root servers.
The root servers are easy; the zone is tiny and the update frequency
is miniscule.

We were talking about TLD servers.

I can't get a TLD zone? But back to the root servers. Are you
agreering with me that if I announce F and I root's netblocks
inside of my own network that everyone would be ok with that?

C'mon Joe, straight answer on that one. :)

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation (w) 617-395-8574