Re: Spain was offline

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 02:14:00 2006

>Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:50:29 -0400
>From: Joe Abley <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: Spain was offline

[ SNIP ]

>You seem to be suggesting that ISPs run stealth slaves for these
>kinds of zones. This may have been a useful pointer for ISPs in days
>gone by, but I think today it's impractical advice.

How so? Anyone can get a zone and turn up [a-m] on-net
and outperform (response and uptime) many of the existing
instances of root servers. I'm quite confident it would work
as designed.

Where's Dean Anderson when you need him?

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation (w) 617-395-8574