RE: Zebra/linux device production networking?

  • From: Mark D. Kaye
  • Date: Tue Jun 06 18:52:26 2006

Hi,

I am also newbie poster so likewise plz be kind.

I tend to agree with the comments made so far, however depending upon
the business, budgets are not always available that might match the
requirements and hence I can to some degree understand the use of such
boxes for small organisations.
I would be interested to know how many "software" (for want of a better
description) routers are in live production in this kind of environment
i.e. the 99.9999% Uptime variety, from speaking to people albeit
randomly in data centres it would seem to be more common than one might
expect.
Also does anyone have any peering policies which would exclude peers
with "software" routers specifically, most have a requirement for the
ability to support stable BGP peering but I have not seen any specific
exclusions for such "devices"?

Mark