Re: How to tell if something is anycasted?

  • From: Peter Boothe
  • Date: Thu May 18 03:37:43 2006

On Wed, 17 May 2006 [email protected] wrote:

> well Peter, ONE root server operator has that practice.  Others have
> different practices regarding anycast.

DNS roots c, f, i, j, k, and m all do something like that, and last I
checked those were all the anycasted DNS roots.  But more may have become
so since I last checked.  It's true that they don't have to do it, but
it's a common enough convention for all the root DNS operators seem to
have agreed on it, and I've been told that DNS root ops is a highly
contentious subject, so any agreement at all is kind of a nice thing to
note.

Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

This is, of course, somewhat off the subject of whether the original
provider in question does that - they may or may not, and the only way to
know is to test and find out.  Or ask them.

	-Peter

--
Peter Boothe
PhD Student                         "Young man, you think you're very