Re: Strange network problem accessing Ebay and versiontracker websites

  • From: Warren Kumari
  • Date: Wed May 03 17:43:22 2006

Sounds a whole bunch like you have a PMTUD (Path MTU Discovery) issue.

Change the MTU on a host to be smaller and see if this fixes the issue... If it does, there are a bunch of networking tricks you can play to fix it for all of the customers. MSS rewrite is one, clearing the DF BIt on all packets is another -- these are various version of icky...