Proxy/Caching Servers

  • From: Jon Lyons
  • Date: Thu Apr 06 13:08:43 2006

Hey all,

I need some recommendations on proxy servers for enterprise environments. Our current product can't handle the load & is no longer being supported by the vendor. The devices need to handle at least 1000+ concurrent connections at about 20 Mbit/s. Websites, Streaming, etc, etc�

Not sure if there's one product that does what I'm looking for:

1. Appliance based (preferred, but not required)
2. Clusterable/VRRP Setup or can be used behind a load balancer
3. Web/FTP virus checking
4. Caching
5. Web content filtering (include ability to add manually to a deny list)
6. Logging and user auditing (via name or client IP address)
7.
  Real-time traffic monitoring
8. Grant/Deny access to particular websites from individual/grouped client IP addresses
Thanks