Re: Modelling a large ISP network with C-BGP

  • From: Gregory Hicks
  • Date: Thu Feb 02 17:42:29 2006

> Cc: [email protected]
> From: Christian Kuhtz <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Modelling a large ISP network with C-BGP
> Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:19:50 -0500
> To: Gregory Hicks <ghicks>
>

> On Feb 2, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Gregory Hicks wrote:
>

> >> From: Christian Kuhtz <[email protected]>
> >> Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:38:57 -0500

> >> Why would you need to sim this at small scale?
> >
> > How about for a net that has 540+ networks?  It would be
> > interesting to see what happens if you perturb this BEFORE you do
> > the perturbation...
>
> *sigh*
>
> You just made me speechless.  All I can come with is "Well, DUH!"

Christian:

Honestly, I didn't *mean* to make you speechless!  It just happened...

What I *meant* to write was

... 540+ SUBnets.  We have several /16 addresses and some 35K hosts right now - but
still growing...  All this is hiding behind one AS...  (used to be three ASes)

> *sigh*

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin