Re: oh k can you see

  • From: Chris Woodfield
  • Date: Sat Nov 05 13:12:37 2005

Maybe I'm missing something, but the core issue is that the NO- EXPORT'ed anycast instance has a higher localpref inside the AS it's being advertised to, and as such supressing the non-NO_EXPORT'ed prefix. The "exportable" prefix gets suppressed at a point on the network such that the peering routers never see it, so it never makes it out of that AS.

Advertising the NO-EXPORT as a /25 (or two /25s) would serve the same purpose as tagging it NO-EXPORT, because as you say most peers filter on the /25. Incidentally it would obviate the need to assign it a higher localpref because it's a shorter prefix. However, unless I'm misunderstanding something, the /25 would not preempt the /24 advertisement, so the /24 would still make it out of the AS.

Just make sure you don't have anything numbered x.x.x.127 on the block...