Re: Operational impact of depeering

  • From: Tom Vest
  • Date: Mon Oct 10 09:49:56 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 9:28 AM, [email protected] wrote:

It would be great if we could shift focus and think about the
operations impact of depeering vs. just the political and/or
contractual ramifications.

Have there been any proposals put forth to the NANOG PC to review
this highly visible depeering at the NANOG meeting this month?
Aside from anything else, there is this interesting topic
on the agenda:
Abstract: NetFlow-based Traffic Analysis Techniques for Peering Networks
Richard Steenbergen, nLayer Communications, and Nathan Patrick, Sonic.net

Seems to me that a discussion of traffic analysis could
handle a slide or two on actual impacts of this depeering.

--Michael Dillon
Here's one way of looking at it:
(copied below b/c the list is not publicly archived)

TV