Operational impact of depeering

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Mon Oct 10 09:28:15 2005

> It would be great if we could shift focus and think about the
> operations impact of depeering vs. just the political and/or
> contractual ramifications.

> Have there been any proposals put forth to the NANOG PC to review
> this highly visible depeering at the NANOG meeting this month?

Aside from anything else, there is this interesting topic
on the agenda:
Abstract: NetFlow-based Traffic Analysis Techniques for Peering Networks
Richard Steenbergen, nLayer Communications, and Nathan Patrick, Sonic.net

Seems to me that a discussion of traffic analysis could
handle a slide or two on actual impacts of this depeering.

--Michael Dillon