Re: 209.68.1.140 (209.68.1.0 /24) blocked by bellsouth.net for SMTP

  • From: Michael Loftis
  • Date: Mon Sep 26 03:49:31 2005

--On September 26, 2005 8:59:31 AM +0530 Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email protected]> wrote:

On 25/09/05, Michael Loftis <[email protected]> wrote:
result in me having to call postmaster to get them to remove it.  Also
just one hacked webform usually results in the same problem (we have
thousands of web hosting customers).  It's in our projects list to find
'some way' to rate limit individual senders but it's not a high priority
right now.
One hacked webform can pump out as much spam in a few hours as the
rest of your users would send email to AOL in a week.
I realise this, but that's usually not the case. Almost without fail we notice and shut it down long before aol starts blocking, and clear out the queues of anything pending from the spammer. then hours or a day later AOL blocks us for something that's been dealt with. :/