re: commonly blocked ports (but not on backbones)

  • From: brett watson
  • Date: Wed Sep 14 18:29:25 2005

seems to me this is the wrong question...  a default security
"posture" (network or system, isp or enterprise or any type of
entity) should be:  "if it's not explicitly allowed, it's denied."
apologies, i see the original poster was talking about a *backbone*... my mind was on campus/edge/customer networks. this policy, of course, does not apply to backbones (unless you want an avalanche of customer calls).

-b