Re: FW: Need some help: IDEAS, Inc.

  • From: Reed Loden
  • Date: Sat Sep 03 21:04:24 2005

On 03 Sep 2005 23:28:55 +0000
Paul Vixie <[email protected]> wrote:

> this is NOT a good solution, since a successful phish attack in this
> case would look exactly like the official red cross web site.  plz put
> up an informative 404 page and no pointers to any phish-worthy sites.

Earlier, I was informed by the DirectNIC admins that they had rethought
their solution. For now, the domains have been put on registrar hold/lock
and will not resolve to anything. This stops the problem of the scamming
without causing any residual issues.

Of course, law enforcement needs to step in and take care of the idiots
themselves so they do not continue to try to steal people's money.

~reed

--
Reed Loden - <[email protected]>