Re: What happened to root-server serial number?

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Sat Sep 03 19:36:11 2005

some of the reasons a lot of us pay so little attention to most alternative
root nameserver systems are: they often don't do their homework, and they
often don't pay attention to the details.

diffing text files as a way to check for zone changes would be one way to
commit both errors at the same time.

running a so-called root name server with recursion enabled would be another.

pfaa.

re:

--
Paul Vixie