Re: FCC Issues Rule Allowing FBI to Dictate Wiretap-Friendly Designfor In ternet Services

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Sun Aug 07 11:49:24 2005

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Matt Ghali wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Joshua Brady wrote:
>
>   the FBI can call the NSA anytime they want without a tap order and
>   get them to trigger ECHELON when your voice is apparant on any
>   line.
>

> Not me, I wrapped my cellphone in tin foil.

shiny side out one hopes? Seriously though, I'm not a telco/phone person,
but I was once told that the phone switch equipment does the tap
'automagically' to special ds-1 facilities inn LEA-land... which means the
cell phone can be wrapped in anything you'd like. If the calls get
completed a copy is silently made to the right folks (not the nsa, they
aren't LEA).