Re: /8 end user assignment?

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Sat Aug 06 15:11:27 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Daniel Golding wrote:

> On 8/4/05 6:49 PM, "Steve Feldman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >> I meant to ask this at a nanog or this IETF... why don't some of the
> >
> > - There are (perceived to be) more important things to spend
> >   our limited resources on.
> >

> Why should content providers be at all interested in driving v6 usage? They
> are interested in meeting demand, innovating, collecting ad revenue, etc.
> The ROI to the given content provider is what? There ARE more important
> things to spend one's limited resources on.

Content providers will have to do something about v6 'soon' (ho wsoon is
another matter I suppose) I was attempting to spur on some discussion
(which this did) about v6 deployment. I was also suggesting that perhaps a
sideline v6 access to some larger providers would make other folks move
forward, and would get vendors in to the right mood about v6 on their
gear. 'checkbox' support is just not going to fly when the fan finally
starts spinning and the darkmatter starts flying :(