Re: Cisco IOS Exploit Cover Up

  • From: John Forrister
  • Date: Fri Jul 29 13:37:04 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 01:01:42AM +0000, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

> > could they be unpatched because no one has sent out a notice saying
> > "versions before X have known vulnerabilities.  upgrade now to one
> > of the following: ...?"

> or... cause new IOS won't run on them.

Indeed - Cisco's hardware, especially the older, smaller boxes, tended
to be really solid once you got them running.  I was just pondering a
few minutes ago on how many 2500's I configured & installed in 1996 & 1997
are still running today, on code that's no longer supported by
Cisco, and which are incapable of taking enough flash to load a newer image.

-John