Re: Enable BIND cache server to resolve chinese domain name?

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Mon Jul 04 08:26:59 2005

> Ignore them and they'll either go the hell away or spend some time
> fighting against each other and kill each other off.

I'm sure that they will NOT go away and I doubt that
they will kill each other off. This is more of an
evolutionary type struggle and not a physical combat.
They are battling it out in the marketplace and one
of the IDN solutions will evolve to the point where
the market considers it clearly superior. This may
be the IETF-blessed solution and it may not. One
only has to browse through the RFC archives to see
that RFC status is no guarantee that something will
be widely adopted.

Personally, I think that the Internet is too young
and we have too little experience with multilingual
naming to engineer an Internationalised Domain Naming
solution that solves the problem once and for all.
This means that we should be ready for more than one
iteration to get to the solution.

--Michael Dillon