Re: IP->Country Data (RE: ISP's Contact List)

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Mon Jun 13 15:09:56 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, william(at)elan.net wrote:

I suspect your completewhois does not take into account ERX data:
http://www.ripe.net/projects/erx/
Huge swaths of IP space were moved around between RIRs from Jan 2003-Apr
2005:
http://www.ripe.net/projects/erx/erx-ip/completed.html
I do take most of that into account. In fact there are lots of ip blocks
placed in "EU" zone because of that (which is not to say that its accurate,
but its not inaccurate either). Later this will be corrected to point to
precise country, but I already view EU as one country and don't see the point as the same european networks are used throught europe no matter
where the actual company is actually registered.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks