Re: Battery Maint in LEC equipment

  • From: Justin Kreger
  • Date: Sun Jun 05 09:20:20 2005

Same with TWTC, at least here in N.C. If not nationally.  I recently had
Bellsouth install a private ring into my facility, and I didn't see the
reason for a battery shelf if power to the datacenter floor was dead.
Anyway, we ended up having to add a battery shelf because the rectifiers
could not hold up the mux on replacement of one of the two rectifiers.
Fun things to learn 72 hours from turn-up....

-Justin

 On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 00:09 -0400, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> In NJ, Verizon, MFS, and Telcove all install batteries.
>
> We put them on our UPS and Genset anyway, however.

[SNIP]