Re: The "not long discussion" thread....

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Tue Apr 26 21:01:36 2005

Jerry Pasker wrote:

Steve Sobol replied with:

I'm not going to enter into a long discussion with you. :)

I'm just curious why you didn't restrict AXFR to certain IPs instead.

And I'm posting back to NANOG:

I did.

And I had router ACLs doing the same thing. Allow to hosts that needed it, deny for everyone else. And I did this to ALL my DNS servers.
What were the router ACLs doing that the DNS server ACLs weren't/couldn't?

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / [email protected] / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"