Re: Slashdot: Providers Ignoring DNS TTL?

  • From: alex
  • Date: Sat Apr 23 18:27:45 2005

> Been happening for many years.  How do you think the original
> Boardwatch / Keynote speed tests were gamed?  If you have any real
> experience on the Internet, you are well acquainted with anycast web
> servers.

Let me, let me, let me! It involved an err... locating linux boxes with the
identical IP addresses given to Boardwatch/Keynote in locations very close
to location of the probes. Finally, for an extra "speed up" it involved
modifying kernels to spew packets back as fast as possible single the only
thing that those boxes did was tricking keynote.

Alex