Re: Slashdot: Providers Ignoring DNS TTL?

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Sat Apr 23 00:22:30 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 11:55 PM, Dean Anderson wrote:

I don't know of any HTTP servers that do anycast. But their failure to
take account of PPLB doesn't change anything. IF they are anycasting under
false assumptions, they'll have problems, too.
Been happening for many years. How do you think the original Boardwatch / Keynote speed tests were gamed? If you have any real experience on the Internet, you are well acquainted with anycast web servers.

Okie, I give up. You clearly have no idea what you are actually talking about, so talk away, no one is listening. I started talking to you 'cause I was having a bad day and it's fun to feed the troll. It's not fun any more, and I'm sure others are tired of the thread.

One last comment (although I doubt you will understand): Reality trumps... well, you.

--
TTFN,
patrick