Re: Dear Linksys: Your broken WET54GS5 makes me sad.

  • From: Steven M. Bellovin
  • Date: Tue Apr 12 15:04:37 2005

In message <[email protected]>, "Luke Youngblood" wri
tes:

>I hate to break it to you, but it's highly unlikely that someone clueful at
>Linksys actually read William's email, fixed the firmware, put it through
>quality assurance, and released it to the public, all within the space of
>about 24 hours...

In fact, I would hope they didn't test that sort of patch that quickly
and casually....

If there was any causal relationship, it might be that the patch was
written and tested, but not released, and the note just shook it loose.

		--Prof. Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb