RE: Dear Linksys: Your broken WET54GS5 makes me sad.

  • From: just me
  • Date: Tue Apr 12 16:08:21 2005

Well, according to the release note URL I posted, this version was
built on 2/24/05, when it presumably went into beta testing.

The version string in the actual code says 3/3/05, which I guess is
when they resolved anything discovered in testing.

The first customer support email I recieved from Linksys yesterday
referred to it as a beta release that they could send me if I wanted
to try it.

An hour or so later, I got an email from the same support person
saying that it was now released as stable on the web site.

My rash assumption is that I was able to provide the boot that
kicked a long-overdue update that was languishing in QA out the
door.

But thanks for the credit in any case.

matto