Re: Utah governor signs Net-porn bill

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Tue Mar 22 12:23:13 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:03:17AM -0800, Roy wrote:

> CNET's extract is wrong.
>
> The article states
>
> The measure, SB 260, says: "Upon request by a consumer, a service
> provider may not transmit material from a content provider site listed
> on the adult content registry."
>
> Its entirely voluntary on the part of the consumer.

	The question is is it required to be affordable?

	"Yes, we offer a pr0n-free internet access for a service
fee of $9.95/packet".

	I remember at a previous job trying to bypass one of
these filters to determine how easy it would be (during the eval,
it's kinda funny to have someone come by and say "try to reach pr0n now!").

	The first person to bypass it was the one that handled [email protected]*

	only takes moments from a spam msg to get there..

	short of having a live person (uh, isn't that called a parent?)
review the material invovled, there will always be a way to bypass
it, someone could hack some major content providers systems and serve
out nothing but content that is restricted.. i don't see much that can be
done to prevent those that truly want access to obtain it.

	- jared