Re: Utah governor signs Net-porn bill

  • From: Richard Parker
  • Date: Tue Mar 22 15:34:48 2005

on 3/22/05 9:19 AM, Jared Mauch wrote:

> The question is is it required to be affordable?
>
> "Yes, we offer a pr0n-free internet access for a service
> fee of $9.95/packet".

According to the bill:

(3)(b)(i) Except as provided in Subsection (3)(b)(ii), a service provider
may not charge a consumer for blocking material or providing software under
this section, except that a service provider may increase the cost to all
subscribers to the service provider's services to recover the cost of
complying with this section.

(3)(b)(ii) A service provider with fewer than 7,500 subscribers may charge a
consumer for providing software under Subsection (3)(a)(ii) if the charge
does not exceed the service provider's cost for the software.

-Richard