Delegating /24's from a /19

  • From: Mike Sawicki
  • Date: Tue Mar 15 13:07:57 2005

Our organization has a /19 assignment from ARIN.  We have given
portions of this space to several other companies within our
corporate umbrella.  Several of these other companies have their own
nameservers, and would like to be able to manage DNS on their own
for their in-addr.arpa. blocks.  What would be the best way to
delegate authoritiy for them?  ARIN is pointing to our 2 nameservers
for the entire /19.  Do I need to use some sort of RFC2317 method
here, or would I be able to just install zones for each /24 with NS
records pointing to the other companies' servers?  Also, what are
some good ways to test and verify that this is all working?

Any pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Mike Sawicki ([email protected])