Re: IRC Bot list (cross posting)

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Wed Feb 09 03:51:01 2005

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

Hi,
you probably didnt think of this but it might not be a good idea to publish a list of 3000 computers than can be infected/taken over for further nastiness.

Collecting that kind of list on any machine on the public internet takes only a day or so, so I don't think posting a list, where some of the IP's change anyway should be considered a security threat.

if you can privately send me a list of Ip addresses (no need to sort) i can
assist you to distribute this information securely?

Pete