Re: Time to check the rate limits on your mail servers

  • From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn
  • Date: Thu Feb 03 10:29:46 2005

Hi!

If a pro cannot clean it out safely, then i cannot imagine our typical homeuser would be able to... and with some luck he installs a firewall and antivirus next time, after reinstalling his system for the 4th or 5th time.

You may want to check out some AT (Anti-Trojan) software such as The Cleaner and BOclean.
You will never be sure you have picked up all, only the known ones. For a compromised system, unless running tripwire or something, reinstall!

Its a nice start, but it also tell people i am safe, and they dont know for sure. Seeing our abuse department getting tickets over and over about the same customers its a fact that they just simple are not able to clean it out easilly. Then its better to instert foot (CD) and start all over.

Bye,
Raymond