RE: Time to check the rate limits on your mail servers

  • From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn
  • Date: Thu Feb 03 10:10:24 2005

Hi!

The only thing I don't see is a way to remove these bots!
Not everyone knows how to even look at their machines for signs of these
bots. Heck, I know most of my guys here don't even know how these bots
work.
For a compromised system, insert CD, reinstall!

It would be impossible to educate everybody but it's better to try than
sitting around blocking this and that and not really solving the issue
at hand.

My .02 cents.
If a pro cannot clean it out safely, then i cannot imagine our typical homeuser would be able to... and with some luck he installs a firewall and antivirus next time, after reinstalling his system for the 4th or 5th time.

Bye,
Raymond.