Re: BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Mon Nov 29 04:17:49 2004

Reclaiming AS numbers is a waste of time. We need to move beyond 16
bits at some point anyway.
I think it's not. The problem will not go away then, it will just take
longer before it appears again. The policies have to get stricter, there
is no point in 'fixing' your problems by not fixing the issue that
created them in the first place.

I think that so much will change before we exhaust 4 billion ASNs that
reclaiming them between now and then is really a waste of time.

Owen