Fwd: Re: Opinions of recent ITU Comments on the Management of IP Addresses

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Tue Nov 23 06:05:53 2004

It would appear NANOG silently drops emails sent with Word attachments. Here is another try:

<http://www.interall.co.il/reply to RIRs.doc>

-Hank

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:46:31 +0200
To: Vince Hoffman <[email protected]>, [email protected]
From: Hank Nussbacher <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Opinions of recent ITU Comments on the Management of IP Addresses

At 08:16 PM 22-11-04 +0000, Vince Hoffman wrote:

Attached is the Word file response I got from Houlin Zhao (TSBDir) on the matter.

REgards,
Hank

With all the recent discussion on IPv6 and the allocation thereof, I havent noticed any discussion of the Director of ITU-TSB's memorandum, "ITU and Internet Governance"
To quote an email from the MD of RIPE to a large number of ripe mailing lists "This memorandum includes a proposal to create a new IPv6 address space distribution process, based solely on national authorities. This could have a serious impact on RIPE NCC Members, Internet operators and the global Internet community at large"[1]
The original ITU memorandum is available at:
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/tsb-director/itut-wsis/files/zhao-netgov01.doc
or
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/tsb-director/itut-wsis/files/zhao-netgov01.pdf

Its not an idea that fills me with joy, but I'd be iterested to hear the opinions of this mailing list

Vince

[1] This email included the phrase "We urge our members and others in the Internet community to make their views about this issue known." so if anyone wants to read it who hasnt I can forward a copy.
This Mail Was Scanned By Mail-seCure System
at the Tel-Aviv University CC.