Re: large multi-site enterprises and PI prefix [Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]]

  • From: Patrick W Gilmore
  • Date: Mon Nov 22 13:56:20 2004

On Nov 22, 2004, at 1:48 PM, [email protected] wrote:

  Internet connectivity, because transporting all the traffic over
  links or VPNs is a pretty heavy business
	this is an assertion which many have claimed is false.
	based on empericial evidence.

Care to offer a couple of examples of this empirical evidence ?
	attached.   care to provide counter examples?
While I would never argue there are companies who do not push internal data over the Internet, I am surprised you think that proves no company pushes internal data over the Internet.

As for counter examples, I know of a few, but confidentiality does not allow me to discuss corporate network topology on a public mailing list. Does this mean it never happens (i.e. I am lying)? If you believe that, so be it. However, the facts are still the facts, no matter what your belief is.

--
TTFN,
patrick