Re: large multi-site enterprises and PI prefix [Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]]

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Mon Nov 22 14:07:03 2004

> While I would never argue there are companies who do not push internal
> data over the Internet, I am surprised you think that proves no company
> pushes internal data over the Internet.

	i don't.   my assertion is that there are significant networks
	that don't ever touch what we think of as the "internet" but
	still use IP to push datagrams around...  and attempting to
	marginalize them as "fringe" networks that must use non-global
	addresses is, imho, arrogent at best.

> As for counter examples, I know of a few, but confidentiality does not
> allow me to discuss corporate network topology on a public mailing
> list.  Does this mean it never happens (i.e. I am lying)?  If you
> believe that, so be it.  However, the facts are still the facts, no
> matter what your belief is.

	i know quite a few as well, the NDA still holds.