Re: what's a good way to annoy the hell out of somebody at chello.be?

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Fri Nov 05 19:05:00 2004

Paul Vixie wrote:
a customer of chello.be has been repeating a dns dynamic update against my
zone every four minutes since october 20.  chello's abuse reporting channel
is no doubt full of spam reports.  their noc no doubt doesn't care about
end-user problems.  i nmap'd the offending box:

Hmmm..

Couldn't sending them [and only them] specifically bad information for your zone... say everything (*) goes to a webpage that says "you REALLY need to fix this?"

I think most ISPs could reach their unreachable customers by forcing all their connections [http at least] to a page that starts out with "your web surfing has been interrupted because we need to talk to you... please wait 60 seconds to be taken to the web page you wanted to get to. Or just call us.."

And the time keeps getting longer... and longer... as more time passes without it being cleared by the noc.

It seems to get my attention in hotels when they hotel does it to me [and expires my dhcp ip]. Usually that is just that I need to renew my daily IP subscription, but you get the drift.

If they are requesting information from you, give them information that directs them to contact you.

[I am imagining a world where every file on an FTP server becomes a README when you have violated their access rules].

Not saying its a good idea.. Just an idea.

Deepak