what's a good way to annoy the hell out of somebody at chello.be?

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Fri Nov 05 12:57:25 2004

a customer of chello.be has been repeating a dns dynamic update against my
zone every four minutes since october 20.  chello's abuse reporting channel
is no doubt full of spam reports.  their noc no doubt doesn't care about
end-user problems.  i nmap'd the offending box:

  Starting nmap 3.50 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2004-11-05 17:24 GMT
  Interesting ports on cable-62-205-122-245.upc.chello.be (62.205.122.245):
  (The 1638 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
  PORT      STATE    SERVICE
  9/tcp     open     discard
  13/tcp    open     daytime
  21/tcp    open     ftp
  25/tcp    open     smtp
  37/tcp    filtered time
  53/tcp    open     domain
  111/tcp   open     rpcbind
  113/tcp   filtered auth
  135/tcp   filtered msrpc
  137/tcp   filtered netbios-ns
  138/tcp   filtered netbios-dgm
  139/tcp   filtered netbios-ssn
  445/tcp   filtered microsoft-ds
  515/tcp   open     printer
  548/tcp   open     afpovertcp
  1024/tcp  open     kdm
  1025/tcp  open     NFS-or-IIS
  1026/tcp  filtered LSA-or-nterm
  8009/tcp  open     ajp13
  8080/tcp  open     http-proxy
  10000/tcp open     snet-sensor-mgmt

and i connected to every one of those services that i had a client for, and
sent mail to the postmaster (using telnet and the @[] notation), but i think
i have not done enough to set off any kind of intrusion detection systems.

what's a socially acceptable way to be rude enough to make these people pay
attention to me?  i'm asking not just for this host -- i'm hoping there's a
"community standard" i can follow, and recommend that others follow.

the box is raw debian.  in fact its hostname (according to its exim and bind)
is "debian".  i don't think anybody's reading its "postmaster" mailbox.  i
do not think there is any evil intent in the updates they won't stop sending
me, but they're filling my logs and i don't want to firewall them.