Re: short Botnet list and Cashing in on DoS

  • From: Ricardo \"Rick\" Gonzalez
  • Date: Sat Oct 09 19:36:06 2004

In the future, I'd be careful about posting this list to nanog, rather
than privately to their respective  security and abuse desks.

I realize your intentions were good, but it's been pointed out before
that this mailing list is monitored by the crackers controlling a lot
of the bot networks, including Gregory "OseK" Taylor, Brian Bruns, and
Andrew "Trelane" Kirch, so it's probably not a good idea to fuel them
by listing the IP addresses of users with compromised machines.

---R